If you are a start-up, small, medium or even large business you can benefit from our expert advice. A new set of eyes can often see the issues you may have missed and suggest cost-effective improvements to your systems. Many businesses neglect critical risks with a ‘if it isn’t broke don’t fix it’ mind set.
When an IT disaster disrupts a business it can be both devastating and very expensive to fix.
Examples of issues we have helped with:
- Switch failures causing loss of all systems.
- Power outages resulting in loss of services
- Power outages causing server failures and corruption of data
- Software licensing issues
- Security breaches
- Sensitive data not secured or lost
- Critical data kept on external drives which then fail
- Trojan Horse virus infections allowing remote access to PCs or servers
- Reliance on single broadband feeds with no backup which then fail.
- Virus infections
- Loss of email
- Loss of domain name
- Running networks with either no firewall or with a poorly configured firewall.
- Companies operating with no IT policy leaving them legally and commercially vulnerable.
- Employees having access to sensitive data which is in breach of legislation or company policy (e.g. payroll )
- Computer misuse by employees which has legal implications for the business
- Using unauthorised or poorly secured cloud storage to keep sensitive business information.
All the above could have been prevented by pre-identifying the issues in an audit carried out by one of our IT consultants.